The past few weeks have been hectic at work!
- Not that I’m complaining, because I really am grateful to have a job.
But amidst the grind, I noticed that I did ‘a thing’!
- I said NO y’all!
Under intense pressure, I dug my heels in, stood my ground, and told her that what she was ‘demanding’, wouldn’t work for me, and proceeded to propose what would!
But then she told me that my proposal wouldn’t work for her either, so with my head held high, I boldly declared…
- “Then I see we’re at an impasse, so what are we going to do about that?!”
And guess what?
She simply asked, “Then what would work best for you… relative to timelines?”
So I stated it, we came to a compromise, and we all lived happily ever after!
Once upon a time…
I would have been bullied into submission by people in authority, but apparently not anymore… So I’m incredibly proud of myself!
Today, I’m grateful that I’ve found my voice…
- This has been a lifelong journey.
- Actually, one that I’m still on.
What about you?
- How easy is it for you to say no to things that don’t serve you?