Okay, I realize that what I’m about to say might sound very contradictory and downright hypocritical, but I’m going to say it anyway…
- Although I’m incredibly grateful FOR turkey, I’m even more grateful that I’m NOT a turkey! Just saying!
Seriously though, can you imagine what life would be like?
Constantly living in fear of ending up on someone’s dinner table?
- especially in November, oh my!
That made me think about just how grateful am not to be a turkey…
- but then I had an epiphany!
How different are we?
- No, seriously?
I mean from the turkey?
- How different are we from the turkey?
We are not birds…
- I get that!
And most likely we won’t end up on anyone’s dinner table…
- I get that too!
But somehow, we still manage to live each day riddled with fear, don’t we?
- Fear of being alone
- Fear of being sick
- Fear of being broke
- Fear of rejection
- Fear of bad weather etc., etc., etc.
So again, how different are we?
This Thanksgiving, may we resolve to work on ‘gradually diluting our fears’ by focusing on ‘what if the worst DIDN’T happen instead of what if it did’!
What if you fail?
- Oh, but what if you don’t?
What if you get sick?
- What if you don’t get sick?
- What if you don’t end up alone or broke or rejected?
- And what if we have perfect weather?
What then, huh?
- What would you do if you weren’t burdened by fear?
This holiday season, may we resolve to focus on those things.
I wish you all a wonderful Thanksgiving in advance!
Leave a Reply