Can anybody hear me?!!!
Is anyone there??? he screamed…
- yet not a sound left his lips!
Crawling under the bridge to escape the freezing rain, he tucked his tattered coat tightly around him but it barely made a difference.
It was cold.
It was windy.
And he was hungry.
The shelters were all full, so staying under the bridge was the best option he had.
With another subconscious shiver and teeth chattering loudly he kept repeating to himself…
- “This will just have to do, this will just have to do!”
Then he closed his eyes and once again silently cried out…
- “Please, don’t let me freeze to death tonight!”
You see, the silent scream is actually the loudest scream of all…
- except that nobody but the person screaming, can actually hear the scream!
So if we’ve never had reason to scream like that before, then I say… we’re truly blessed!
- I’m grateful for warm food, a roof over my head and the feeling of physical safety.
- I am grateful that even though I may not have much, what I do have is more than enough.
- And finally I’m grateful that I recognize that!
What about you?
- What are you grateful for today?
This is so true, Emma – the silent scream is the loudest scream, and also the most painful one. Although I experienced a few of those in my life, I never stopped feeling blessed for all the little joys life has given me. What I’m most grateful for is my strength to always get up and keep going, no matter what, and the fact that I will always find good in everything and everyone, no matter what. Thank you for this reminder!
Thank you so very much for your comment dear Maya. May you never have to experience a ‘silent scream’ moment again dear friend!🙏🏽💕 However because of those moments, may we continue to find joy in little things.
Resilience is a beautiful thing to have and I love that you recognize the strength a resilience that you do have and are grateful for it.
Beautiful! And Beautiful you!
I’m grateful for you 💛
Thank you, dear Emma!
I am grateful for you!
Sending you lots of love!
The feeling is sooo mutual dear Maya 💞🥰