“The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak.” – Hans Hofmann
Today, I’m going to piggyback off of my Instagram post from today because I think that it is both interesting and relevant.
I talked about 2 main points in one post.
- Point #1: Simplicity is my style and;
- Point #2: I am my Brand and my Brand is me.
For those who don’t follow me on Instagram, I have pasted a copy of the today’s post below. Enjoy!
Not too long ago, I was pondering over the word ‘authenticity’ and I made a really cool observation…
- My brand, brand message, brand values and products are all a stark representation of me and my ways!
And I thought… how frickin’ cool is that!
You see, I’ve always been a simple girl.
Be it crocheting, tea drinking, preferred candle scents, the way I wear my hair, cooking, writing, you name it; keeping things simple has always been my style.
Take a look at my crocheted pieces for instance…
Have you noticed that I only ever use the very basic stitches to create my pieces?
- which are also simple, but still classy.
Well, can you crochet with fancy stitches, you ask?
But the real question is do I want to?
- And the answer to that is No!
Now does this mean that complex stitches are bad?
- Heaven’s no!
- Simplicity is just MY style.
The same goes for cooking/food…
- I prefer to know WHAT I’m eating and taste as many of the individual ingredients as possible, instead chowing down on cuisine loaded with artificial seasoning.
Does that make what I don’t care for bad?
- Absolutely not!
- Again, simplicity is just my style.
And with teas… I prefer simple teas and infusions.
- you know, oolong teas, pure green teas (camellia sinensis) and pure black tea (like Assam), fresh ginger/fresh lemon infusions etc.
And when it comes to writing…
- I just do it from my heart.
- I don’t try to be like anyone else… just me!
That’s when I realized…
- Cor blimey!
- I am my Brand and my Brand is me!