I have to go for a minor medical procedure today…
Now the thing about whenever the words ‘medical’ and ‘procedure’ go hand in hand, is that one can almost always find ‘fear’ and ‘anxiety’ lurking in the vicinity…
- regardless of how MAJOR or minor the procedure may be!
Over the past year and a half, I’ve had a couple of these ‘routine screens and minor procedures’, so it shouldn’t be surprising therefore, that I’m a little tired and anxious…
- because let’s be real, these things do ‘mess with your psyche’, yes?
Anyway, one day not too long ago, I embarked upon a ‘grumble-fest’ with my dad.
- I grumbled about how aging was no walk in the park! Come on now, let’s keep it real!
- I grumbled about how it always seemed to be one thing or another.
- I insinuated that all these ‘screens and tests’ were probably just money making schemes… Gasp! I know right, I said that!
Then I ended with…
- OMG, all this ‘inconvenience’ doesn’t even make me want to go to the doctor’s anymore!
At that point – I mean when I was done ranting and raving – he simply said…
Don’t be silly Emma!
- You have good doctors, good healthcare, good insurance and the satisfaction of knowing that if anything was ‘going to be wrong’, it would most likely be detected early and dealt with! So don’t be silly!
- You’re blessed!
So do I really want to go to the doctor’s today and do what I need to have done?
- Not really!
But will I?
- Because I’m blessed!
End of Story!!!