I have to go for a minor medical procedure today…
Now the thing about whenever the words ‘medical’ and ‘procedure’ go hand in hand, is that one can almost always find ‘fear’ and ‘anxiety’ lurking in the vicinity…
- regardless of how MAJOR or minor the procedure may be!
Over the past year and a half, I’ve had a couple of these ‘routine screens and minor procedures’, so it shouldn’t be surprising therefore, that I’m a little tired and anxious…
- because let’s be real, these things do ‘mess with your psyche’, yes?
Anyway, one day not too long ago, I embarked upon a ‘grumble-fest’ with my dad.
- I grumbled about how aging was no walk in the park! Come on now, let’s keep it real!
- I grumbled about how it always seemed to be one thing or another.
- I insinuated that all these ‘screens and tests’ were probably just money making schemes… Gasp! I know right, I said that!
Then I ended with…
- OMG, all this ‘inconvenience’ doesn’t even make me want to go to the doctor’s anymore!
At that point – I mean when I was done ranting and raving – he simply said…
Don’t be silly Emma!
- You have good doctors, good healthcare, good insurance and the satisfaction of knowing that if anything was ‘going to be wrong’, it would most likely be detected early and dealt with! So don’t be silly!
- You’re blessed!
So do I really want to go to the doctor’s today and do what I need to have done?
- Not really!
But will I?
- Because I’m blessed!
End of Story!!!
Yes! I love this & dad is right. “Don’t be silly”. It’s funny how parents have a way of reeling your mind back into a place of peace & comfort. But I get it tho Emma. Life itself, is much to contend with & then with the aging process & all that it brings, can be very challenging. But through it all, we must continue to walk in faith & trust God every step of the way. And yes, you are blessed my dear friend. Sending love & prayers for your strength & peace. All is well.
Oh how I appreciate you dear Anita!🤗❤️🥰 Yes to all, and yes, dad is right!😂😂😂 I feel so blessed that I have him to as you so beautifully phrased it, ‘reel my mind back to a place of peace and comfort’. Yet another reason why I’m blessed, yes?!😜 You are also very right, we must continue to walk in faith and trust God 🙏🏽. I’m so grateful for you, your friendship, encouragement and constant support. Love you lots 💕