“She did not need much, wanted very little. A kind word, sincerity, fresh air, clean water, a garden, kisses, books to read, sheltering arms, a cozy bed, and to love and be loved in return.” – Starra Neely Blade
Now I don’t know about you, but I can definitely relate!
- Life really CAN be about the bare basics.
I use the word ‘can’, because it is not a given.
We get to choose!
- We get to choose what type of life we hope for.
It is important to note however, that just because we hope for something doesn’t guarantee that we’ll get it, but we can still hope for it, yes? After all, hope is free!
So its on that basis that I choose ‘is’.
- ‘Life really IS about the bare basics’ over ‘Life really CAN be about the bare basics’
For me, life IS about:
- a kind word
- fresh air
- clean water
- a garden (okay does an indoor herb garden count?!😜)
- a cozy bed
- to love and to be loved etc., etc., etc.
What about you? What do you choose today?
- The simple life or
- A life saturated with accoutrements?
Just a little something to think about…