When I started this blog, I promised I’d keep things real didn’t I? Well, I’m a woman of my word, so this is me keeping things real…
I love my day job, I really do. As a matter of fact, I’m incredibly humbled and honored that I get to do what I do…
There’s always a but isn’t there?
- Anyway, but as I get older, I can’t help but wish for longer weekends.
I mean lately I seem to be on this vicious cycle where I’m secretly disappointed every Monday, because I need a moment to get back into the swing of things again.
Don’t ask me why, because I honestly don’t know!
I mean check this out…
I had a phenomenal weekend!
- I got in some quiet time;
- took a course;
- met a new friend in person;
- slept etc… good stuff!
And I’m grateful for all that, I really am…
BUT it’s Monday today!
- and I woke up to a rainy overcast sky.
It was really tempting to hit snooze, I tell you…
But I didn’t, because all of a sudden I realized that I got to telework today!
- What a blessing!
In all honesty, I know that I was surrounded by so many other blessings today but…
- There’s that but again… its Monday!
Teleworking was the ONLY blessing that really came to mind early this morning.
You wanna know something though?
- Sometimes we can only think of ONE thing that brings us joy on any given day, and that’s enough!
One acknowledged blessing is enough to ‘lubricate’ our engines and get us started, because I promise you that once we get going ‘off of the juice from one blessing’, we’ve done the hardest part!
It’s early afternoon now, and its been a good day so far. I’m on a roll!
So ask me again…
- Ask me what brings me joy today…
- I got to sleep in an extra 2.5 hours because I didn’t have to commute today.
- I got to stay out of the rain this morning because I got to telework today.
- I got to start my day with a huge mug of piping hot tea sweetened with a dollop of honey instead of gulping down lukewarm tea from a travel mug as I tried to navigate traffic.
This Monday has been sweet so far…and I’m grateful.
What about you?
- How has your day been so far?
Leave a Reply