It’s officially Autumn…
- which means that the days are growing shorter and the leaves are starting to change color.
As I take in the beautiful hues, sounds and smells that dominate this time of year, I can’t help but reflect on the blessings that the season has brought and will continue to bring me.
- I’m not a fan of change (hey, just keeping it real here!)
- And neither do I support favoritism.
- As far as I’m concerned, when it comes to the 4 seasons, all morals go out the window!
Its ‘hands down’ Autumn for me, I tell you!
For me, Autumn is synonymous with:
- Perfect temps… you know, not to hot, not to cold;
- Gorgeous hues… red, yellow, green, brown all in one place;
- Warm and homely smells;
- Nostalgic sounds;
- Anticipation for the holidays etc., etc., etc.
Relative to life lessons…
Autumn reminds me about the critical balance that is NEEDED in life.
- You know, that delicate balance between ‘give and take’?
- The earth gives us so much during the Spring and Summer seasons, that its only fair that it gets to wind down in Autumn, for full rest in the Winter, so that it can give us hope again and new life in the Spring… only to do it all over again the following year!
The Circle of Life… Autumn reminds me of that!
- It also reminds me that its okay to rest.
- It reminds me that letting go can be beautiful and IS essential; and not necessarily a scary thing!
In all fairness, I know that Autumn can also be a reminder of naked trees and impending long, cold and dark winters.
BUT it’s all about perspective…
- You know, the glass half empty or half full perspective?
However, you get to choose what your perspective will be…
- Remember that!
As for me, Autumn will always be ONE of my favorites.
I’m truly grateful for the season.
What about you?
- How do you feel about Autumn?
- Care to share any life lessons inspired by the season?