Life doesn’t always have to be eventful to be exciting…
- There’s beauty in silence.
Shh… turn down the noise and listen!
What do you hear?
- I hear the sound of a lawnmower ‘doing it’s thing’!
- I also hear birds doing their thing…
- Wait a minute, I even hear cars in the distance as people bustle around in them… because as you know, cars don’t drive themselves.
- Actually if I listen hard enough, I hear nothing… I hear the sweet sound of nothing and I’m grateful for that!
You know why?
- Because the alternative is commotion!
Not too far from here, people are waking up to the sounds of gunshots and cries of pain, fear and hunger.
- If you don’t believe me, just watch the news!
So today I’m grateful…
I’m grateful for:
- The mundane; you know, the ordinary?
- And the ‘silence’.
I find it all so beautiful.
What about you?
- What are you grateful for today?
Ahh yes, “Silence is golden”! We live in a time were every moment of the day for many, is filled to the brim & spilling over with busyness!! To the point that there’s no space for silence. No time to pause & reflect or to connect with your inner self. For some silence is foreign & they can’t handle it. But, as you said, there really is beauty in silence.
One of my personal advantages of being hearing impaired is that I can choose to silence out the noise around me. Sometimes my hearing device’s can be a bit too much! I hear everything & at times it’s chaotic & overwhelming to my senses. Often times, when I need to work through my thoughts & get clear on things, silence was the pathway to my much needed answers. I’ve found that it’s always been in those still quiet moments where I recieved wisdom & guidance to get me through. There’s much to be gained thru silence & I’m grateful for the knowledge & the understanding of it because there really is beauty in silence. 🦋💙🦋
Yesssss! Very well said dear Anita!💙🥰 There’s so much noise…so much that it’s not surprising that silence can feel unnatural. But as you said, it is during the quiet moments that wisdom is within reach ✨️ Thank you so much for your input dear friend!😘❤️🥰
Awww! 🤗🥰 You’re welcome Emma! Enjoy your day!
Thanks again dear friend. You too!😘❤️🥰🥰🥰