Life doesn’t always have to be eventful to be exciting…
- There’s beauty in silence.
Shh… turn down the noise and listen!
What do you hear?
- I hear the sound of a lawnmower ‘doing it’s thing’!
- I also hear birds doing their thing…
- Wait a minute, I even hear cars in the distance as people bustle around in them… because as you know, cars don’t drive themselves.
- Actually if I listen hard enough, I hear nothing… I hear the sweet sound of nothing and I’m grateful for that!
You know why?
- Because the alternative is commotion!
Not too far from here, people are waking up to the sounds of gunshots and cries of pain, fear and hunger.
- If you don’t believe me, just watch the news!
So today I’m grateful…
I’m grateful for:
- The mundane; you know, the ordinary?
- And the ‘silence’.
I find it all so beautiful.
What about you?
- What are you grateful for today?