Just one positive thought in the morning can change your whole day they say; and they are right!
After such a lovely weekend, everything in me wanted to grumble as I rose ahead of the sun today, to embark on a one hour commute to my day job.
- It was still dark, temps were cooler than usual, and my bed was ‘screaming’ at me to hop back in.
But I didn’t!
You see, I ‘caught’ myself before I even had the chance to plunge into a downward spiral, head first. I mean come on, the sun hadn’t even risen yet!
And then it happened… the upswing!
- First, I felt proud of myself for not choosing the downward spiral today.
- Then I felt grateful that I was alive.
- Then I realized how blessed I was not only to be alive, but alive and able-bodied.
- Then I was thankful that I not only had a job, but a good one!
- And I had a car…. one that actually worked and could get me safely to work.
- I was also really grateful to know that at the end of my work day, I had a place to come back to… a place I call home.
By then, I was on the road heading to work when the sun rose!
- Now you can’t even imagine how grateful I was for that… you know, to see the sun rise?
Basically, by the time I got to work I was ready.
I was ready to have a good day today!
- So I did!
I’m back at home now, drinking some Yorkshire tea as I write this. And then I’ll go for a Zumba class to unwind.
It’s been a beautiful and productive day today, and I’m grateful.
So what about you?
- How was your day today?
- Where did you find joy?
- What made you feel blessed?