Okay friends, let’s just get straight to the point, shall we?
I mean we are totally past the stage of ‘dilly-dallying’, or needing to break the ice now, correct? Heck, I even introduced myself in my last post ‘Free to be‘, so I’m gonna assume that we are cool, and just delve in….
So, I had this ‘thing’ happen to me about 3 weeks ago which ended up inspiring today’s post…
I’m currently in the process of making a couple of absolutely gorgeous beanie hats. Great idea, but major problem!
- The yarn that I require, has been discontinued! Ugh! Go figure!
I’m telling you, I have had to search far and wide for the few skeins that I ultimately acquired at top dollar, no lie! I’m sure that you don’t need me to tell you that these beanies, upon completion, will mean more than they ever would have, if the yarn had been readily available!
It’s a bit like olive oil and olives that contributed to producing it….
- We go to the store, grab an $8 bottle of olive oil, and grumble all the way home, about how expensive it is! Hold up now! Did you ever stop to think that your $8 bottle of cold pressed extra virgin olive oil actually cost the contributing olives their whole lives?
- Let’s not even begin to talk about the health benefits of our ‘steal’!
I bet you will never look at olive oil the same again, will you?
Anyhoo, I have now made my point, therefore I would like to leave you with a fact, a rhetorical question and a word of caution…
- You are worth more than you think!
- Quality rarely goes on sale, so why should you?
Word of caution (borrowed from Thema Davis)
- “Make sure you don’t start seeing yourself through the eyes of those who don’t value you. Know your worth even if they don’t.” – Thema Davis
As always, I would love to hear your thoughts on the topic and most likely learn a thing or two from you. Feel free to comment below.
Apart from that take care my friends, until next week!
Love you lots,